Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Omelette

I haven’t been able to get some snaps of myself out and about. Drove to Richmond the other day with my Aunt and decided to wear my thrifted Christian Dior sweater, but never found the right opportunity to put that self-timer on and own the sidewalk. Work has been mentally bogging down on me. The holiday season means completely busy for us restaurant workers. Remember the accepted norm for tipping is 18% y’all! 20% is my standard. This is how some of us make our living so help a server out$
In the meantime, I snapped some photos of the omelette I made this morning. I figure a little cooking ain’t never hurt nobody =].
DSC00669
Starts with an egg, egg white, shredded cheese, shallots, sweet onion, garlic, and pagan ham.
I’ve taken up using egg whites to help fluff up my omelettes because it makes a carton of eggs last a lot longer. It also helps lower the cholesterol and fat content.

DSC00670
Look at that shallot..it looks like a butt. haha. anyway…shallots for me are like a softer flavored onion. They remind me of garlic (and butts) sometimes because they come clumped up like this.

DSC00672



Heat up some olive oil in your sautée pan and drop the sliced sweet onions in. I should’ve added the ham at this point to let it salt up the onion but I sprinkled some kosher salt over it.


DSC00673After the onions cooked down for a bit I added the rest of the pre-egg ingredients. Garlic, shallots, and ham. No need for salt at this point with that salty ham in thurr.





DSC00674DSC00675
I cooked it down until the purple was just about gone from the shallots. The food starts to break down and take in that oil making them veggies have a slight crunch. The oil is what keeps ‘em nice and juicy though. Added bonus about olive oil that not many people know, polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats actually break down the saturated fats in your system clearing up them veins of cholesterol.
DSC00676
I then added the eggs and egg whites. let that cook over for a second then I sprinkled the cheese all over.


DSC00677



Cooked it until the cheese melted before I tried to flip it all over.



DSC00678

Flip!
Almost done. Now just some presentation.







DSC00680
Savory omelette with a nice fatty cup of coffee and some delicious Challah bread. Smattered with Sweet Baby Ray’s and Ketchup.





Hope y’all are nice and fashionable these chilly days. Scarf it up$

1 comment:

  1. This makes me really hungry :-) I have a thing on omelet, I just cant resist good nice eggs
    <3
    http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete